Author Topic: OSX Mavericks cannot access my Terrastation Pro  (Read 7509 times)

bobcomer

• Calf
OSX Mavericks cannot access my Terrastation Pro
« on: October 26, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
Hello, I have a terastation pro with a shared Mac folder and the time machine service enabled.  My just upgraded to mavericks Mac Mini cannot access the Mac folder at all on my terastation, or the time machine service. 

Is there a something I can do to get it to work?

The terastation is at firmware 1.59 and its the 12TB version with RAID 5 enabled.

ma2oliveira

• Calf
Re: OSX Mavericks cannot access my Terrastation Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
Greetings,

I had a similar problem with my LS-CHL.

In my case, changing the access protocol to CIFS, i.e. adding again the NAS with "CIFS://nas-name" (instead of "SMB://nas-name") worked (OSX will then ask you for the folders you want to access), per instructions given at this webpage:

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/10/27/did-mavericks-kill-your-network-drive-access-heres-a-fix/

I hope this works for you.

Bob George

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Same problem.  I have an old (2006-7?) Terrastation 1TB; not even a "Pro" I imagine.  Not used for a while til today when I tried to fire up.

Now running Mavericks, but also tried on a Mac with Mountain Lion; both say "There was a problem connecting to [name].  The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported ....".

Tried CIFS, but same issue.

Is my NAS device just too old now ?  Not very comforting for archive storage !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
Yes, your device is too old, you should be able to connect to it using FTP.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!