Author Topic: NetGEAR Router WNR2000v3  (Read 6815 times)

Bill_AustinTX

• Calf
NetGEAR Router WNR2000v3
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
Looking for suggestions on what router(s) people have had success in configuring to work with the BuffaloNAS 4TB, Firmware version 1.64?  I currently have spent several hours trying to get my NetGear Router WNR2000v3 Firmware Version 1.1.2.6 working with the WebAccess feature.  I have confirmed my Public IP is registered correctly with BuffaloNAS.com and when we try and have our business partner in New Zealand access it we get an error message stating the public IP and Port are not accessible, I also got similar results turning my wifi off on my phone and using mobile network to access the connection through Buffalo.com/mysharename. 

I have tried port forwarding between the external 49696 and internal 9000, set the BuffaloNAS's IP to be in the DMZ.  Unless someone can tell me they have the same model working with their BuffaloNAS, I am at the point of getting another router that others know works.
What Routers have other had success setup the WebAccess and have confirmed access from outside of their local network.

Thanks for any help...
Bill

smikels

• Calf
Re: NetGEAR Router WNR2000v3
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
Pretty happy today.  After two years of struggling with my LS-WXL/R1 to get it to stream music to another off-network device, I finally have it playing full folders of music!!  Previously I could only play approximately 10 minutes of music, and then the music would stop, I'd have to close the app or web browser, log back in, and start over.  The problem was not with the drive at all.  The problem seems to have been in the NETGEAR WNR2000 router  :-(

I had UPNP enabled and it saw the drive and configured the external port as 34091 and the internal port as 9000 (as is indicated in the web access section of the drive configuration).  Just by chance, I decided to create a port forwarding service manually in the router anyway and used 34091 and the beginning and ending external port and 9000 as the beginning and ending internal port.  I set the service type to TCP/UDP.  Voila - music plays uninterrupted! 

Note - I did not disable UPNP in the web access drive configuration.  Why this works??  I don't know.  Just glad it does so that I finally have a terrific functioning Buffalo personal cloud!  I'm glad that I'm more stubborn than my gear!  It only took two years. 

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: NetGEAR Router WNR2000v3
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:23:37 AM »
Webaccess is recommended to be 9000 internet and whatever you want as an external. you can even set that to 9000 if you really want to. Disabling upnp is not needed but I always tell people to because it rarely works well
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people