Author Topic: Web Access only works locally but not via the web  (Read 1622 times)

dsmithwc04

• Calf
Web Access only works locally but not via the web
« on: October 16, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
I have a WX2.0TL Duo NAS storage device and can't get the web access to work off of my local network.  I just moved from another house where it worked fine.  Turned it off, moved to new house and turned it back on and viola, no worky...

I tried downloading a file using the actualy IP address with the proper port number given from web access (not the 9000 port number but the other one) and can't get it to work.  Weird thing though, it has allowed me to log in from another outside of the network location via the web and begin an upload but timed out half way through.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Web Access only works locally but not via the web
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »
If its working locally but not remotely then the port forwarding is not setup correctly on your router.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dsmithwc04

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:58:04 AM »
Can you link me to the port forwarding setup you mentioned?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:22:03 AM »
Check with your route manufacturer, you need to forward whatever external port you are using for web access for TCP to the local IP address of the Linkstation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!