Author Topic: Do not have persmissions on subfolder  (Read 3422 times)

srmorton

• Calf
Do not have persmissions on subfolder
« on: October 09, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »
I'm running a Buffalo Terastation TS5200D with the latest firmware installed. The lasted firmware update corrected some file mapping issues we were having as we are running a Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory domain with mostly Windows 7 Pro clients. A small group (5) actually map to the Buffalo. I'm the admin on the buffalo and also the AD Network admin. I moved some files over, actually an entire directory of files to the buffalo which are our desktop publishing files. The main folder I created new on the Buffalo as an independent folder (not under the existing Share Folder) and set it up such that the small group of 5 have read/write permissions under the Buffalo web interface using the AD users and the one admin, myself given perssions to W/O the main folder.

The issue is that I have hit one of the sub-folders which was copied over from the initial build of the directory that I cannot write to. I have checked permissions on the buffalo and I have W/O permissions for the root folder, but apparently it is not propagating down the tree for some of the sub-folders. The AD/Windows file structure cannot change the security settings for the buffalo folder. It can only be changed in the Buffalo web interface and does not show any sub-folders only the root.

Does anyone know how to force the propagation of permissions down the folder tree? Now if I create a new sub-folder, which I can using the Windows 7 Explorer I can create files under it. Also, I have other sub-folders that were moved with this one and I can write files to them. It seems to only be one or two sub-folders that have this issue so far.

Thank you in advance for any help or direction on this.
Steve