Author Topic: LS-CHL Emergency Mode  (Read 7319 times)

dannytp

• Calf
LS-CHL Emergency Mode
« on: September 16, 2013, 06:47:59 AM »
Please, please help.

My missus is threatening to kill me as we have a lifetime of photos and videos of our two children stored on my LS-CHL which has slipped into emergency mode.

I have tried just about all instructions I can find, but I cannot seem to fathom this out. This is the deal:

I have a macbook pro running on 10.5.8 with a virgin media wifi home system. I have NAS Navigator2 version2.56. Connected to the media hub is a LS-CH1.0TL-V2.

Now, when I fire everything up, NAS tells me my CH1 is in emergency mode. Occasionally, it will not be in EM, but when attempting to access data, the connection fails and it goes into EM. OK, so I need to update the firmware. So I download ls_series-160_fwmac.dmg , but one of two things happen:

1. LS is in EM, so when the firmware update is attempted, the info in the registration fields are greyed out and when inputting my admin password, it just blinks at me.

2. LS is not in EM, but when the admin password is input, it doesn't update firmware, says something like "no files exchanged" and then it slips into EM.

I have re initialised my drive to ensure password is correct, but no joy.

I have also noticed that if I input my ip address for the drive into my URL, it takes me to a blank buffalo page.

ps, I have reset my hub to factory settings.

Please help as homelessness is impending

Danny

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-CHL Emergency Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
Do you have a Windows OS by any chance?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dannytp

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:58:06 AM »
I do - on a separate lappy

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:28 AM »
Run the firmware on the Windows OS and let me know what error you get, it is more descriptive than the MAC updater.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dannytp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:25 AM »
it won't accept the admin password.....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Use this file to reset the password:
http://www.2lk.com/view/LSRecovery.zip

dannytp

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:42 AM »
davo,

when attempting to use this file, it aborts after a few minutes, presumably when the drive enters EM...

gradually losing the will to live here