Author Topic: "This file does not have a program associated with it..."  (Read 3454 times)

cherns

• Calf
"This file does not have a program associated with it..."
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »
I have a couple of laptops, both Win7 Home Premium; I have a few LinkStations, LS-V2.0TL.  Everything is hardwired.  I have the latest version of NASNavigator2, v2.63, installed on both.  On one of them, I can use NASNav "Settings" (used to be "Web Access," no?  threw me for a bit) and I can get a LinkStation's logon page.

On the other, "Settings" pops up a box with the caption "http://192.168.1.80/" (that's the address of the LinkStation I want to open), with message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."  This is followed by a box from NASNav: "Could not open Settings / Error code=1155".

Now, if I open a browser and type in the address "192.168.1.80", I get the LS Login screen, nice as you please.  The URL shown in the address bar is automatically filled in: "http://192.168.1.80/static/index.html".

Is NASNav somehow neglecting to put the "/static/index.html" onto whatever it passes to the browser, or something like that?  And just on one laptop and not the other?  There's an obvious work-around (typing the address into my browser), but what's going on, and how can I make it work right?  Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: "This file does not have a program associated with it..."
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
Uninstall and reinstall the nas navigator
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cherns

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
Well, I had a previous version of NASNav that gave this problem, which I uninstalled and then replaced with 2.63, which gave the same problem, but I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to do it again.  (I don't have that machine in my possession right now, so it may take a couple of days.)  Thanks.

(Do you have an idea of just where the problem is manifesting?  Is the NASNav installation supposed to specify some browser to open the address, or maybe to stick an .html to it, or something like that?)

(I just opened the old NASNav2, v2.43, on my desktop computer, and I see that the pop-up menu item that corresponds to the new "Settings" is "Open web setting", not "Web access", as I mis-remembered in my original post.  Sorry.  I know now that "Web access" is something completely different.)

cherns

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
Uninstall and reinstall the nas navigator
Got the machine back, uninstalled (and deleted a bunch of files and folders the uninstaller didn't get), and re-installed, with a file fresh from the server.  Same problem, I'm afraid.