Author Topic: Domain access on TeraStation Pro Duo II  (Read 3840 times)

silcott

• Calf
Domain access on TeraStation Pro Duo II
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

Is there a way to add a TeraStation to a large Windows Active Directory Domain? I can successfully add the unit to the domain, but when I try to access the domain users list the browser times out while trying to build the users list. I wanted to add selected domain users to the local Groups I have created. I'm at Firmware level 1.27. So far, no luck. Is there a limitation on how large the domain can be?

Any help would be appreciated.

-bob

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Domain access on TeraStation Pro Duo II
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:12:50 PM »

The unit has a limitation that it can download up to 1000 domainusers. If you want to use domain user accounts, you will need to usethe Delegate Authority to an external SMB Server option. To do this,select Workgroup and put a checkmark in the "Delegate Authority toExternal SMB Server", "Use Windows Domain Controller as AuthenticationServer", "Automatic User Registration", and "Authentication SharedFolder" and enter the required information. The "Authentication SharedFolder" option will create an open share. Have the domain users thatare to access the unit login to that share. This will register thoseusers on the Terastation. Afterwards, you can set Access Restrictionson the shares using those users and remove the "Authentication SharedFolder".