Author Topic: Very Slow Transfer Speeds to TS Live 2.0gig on a Gigabit Network  (Read 2773 times)

feeserface

• Calf

Title says it all, I'm getting at best 2MB/s over gigabit closed LAN.  Network Card is Gigabit and using a Gigabit Switch, Tried changing cables, removing the switch, re-initializing, plugging into a diff port on the switch and even getting an RMA'd TS-live.  Same issue, I'm thinking its somehow software related at this point as when I transferred my drives to the new TS all the settings migrated.  Maybe the OS is corrupted?  don't know.....

Anyway, I have an ORIGINAL TS (1gb) on the same network and it transfers MUCH faster (dont have the specs, but trust me, it does)...I'm at my wits end here.

Oh, the firmware is 2.14 and when I try to re-flash, the firmware sw tells me there are no terastations connected to my network.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Very Slow Transfer Speeds to TS Live 2.0gig on a Gigabit Network
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
Alright, a little confusing there but could you tell me the model of the TS that isn't being found by the updater?

feeserface

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »

Oh, Sorry, its a Terastation Live 2.0 gig model.  NAS navigator tells me its an HS-DH2.0TGL/R5, while the back of the unit says HS-DH0.0TGL/R5.

and the updater message is:  'HS-DHTGL not found'

Like I said above, I've initialized from the web interface and am now using a 'new' rma'd version of the TSLive but still very slow transfer speeds.

f

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

Hm, strange indeed. You could try performing a TFTP boot and then a force firmware update. Although first thing I would check would be your firewall or any other malware countermeasures.

bruceo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

having the exact same issue with the exact same model. did you ever find a resolution? Navigator 2 sees the unit and everything seems fine. Firware 2.14 is listed but when i use the updater to try and reflash the updater says'HS-DHTGL not found' 

the transfer speeds are slow and the network reports 100mbps not Gigabit like it should

feeserface

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

I was never able to update the unit...period.  I think I had them send me a replacement.  As far as transfer speeds go, they are still slow as molasses.  My solution was to build a NAS raid from scratch and I couldn't be happier.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 04:11:28 AM »

What are the IP addresses of the computer and TS?  Can you ping it?  Also what version of the firmware do you currently have on the unit.  Lastly how full is the unit to capacity?