Author Topic: Persisting problems and feature suggestions regarding LinkStation Live with BitTorrent (LS-CH*L)  (Read 42953 times)

Dustrega

• Big Bull
The firmware that we usually supply is US and for your particular unit can be found here. Give the downgrade a shot and post results as to what is happening :)

TeMpL

• Calf
   When can we exoect new firmare? lot of priblems jet to be fixed? still waiting :(

Dustrega

• Big Bull
I would presume that in the event that no news is posted that noupdates are available at this time. Please continue to bear with us. I have posted this before and asked for patience in this matter. Our firmware is developed in Japan where the problems are received, translated, fixes implemented, translated back to a working English package and then distributed via our website. I know this may not seem like a lengthy process but it is. Thank you again for your patience.

kvarnstj

• Calf

In the user guide that came with the CD for the LS-CHL, it is mentioned that there should be a flash based audio player in the web access UI. More specificly, when clicking on a audio file or folder (don't remeber excactly) there should be a link called "Audio" in left bottom corner of the page in browser. Pressing this link should open a flash based audio player...

This flash player is however missing (I am using newest 1.07 FW). I can only use the "preview audio" for playing a song, but it can be used ony to play songs one by one. An audio player where you could make e.g. a playlist is missing which is very annoying. This product is marketed as a "listen to your music anywhere without any extra SW installed" type of thing, but then there is only a preview option available??

The question follows: Is there a misstake done in the user guide, is the player delivered only with some other product than LS-CHL, and a copy/paste misstake has been made or why is the promised functionalty not available? I could really have use for this feature.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
I've looked into the issue as mentioned and I will notify my superiors in regard to this missing function.  Thank you for your input on this matter.

GMCinema

• Calf

I just got the 1TB version of the Linkstation Live with BT running FW 1.07

and everytime I shut down the box and restart it forgets to ask the specified NTP server (whether default *.jp or other) for the correct time .....

Have to manually go into config page and "Apply" settings for the NTP function to

resume correctly.

fbp

• Calf

my feature suggestion (for LS live but also all other storage ;-))

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9908

jeffb

• Calf

@GMCinema: Mine does that too. It's extremely annoying, and it means the product is unusable if there's no admin around to log in and reset the time.

[Edit: add @GMCinema]

Message Edited by jeffb on 05-21-2009 01:41 PM

ARimolo

• Calf

When the BitTorrent problem (no login/password) will be fixed????
You must stop ignoring this problem!!

Tks,

Alexandre Rimolo. 

TeMpL

• Calf

There is a fix.. (but only for japan people) as for them there is 1.10 firmware already..

released 12.5.2009

[Application]
Title = BUFFALO LS-CHL Updater Ver.1.10
WaitReboot = 480
WaitFormat = 500

[Target]
ProductID = 0x00000012
Name = LS-CHL

[Flags]
VersionCheck = 1

Could buffalo speed up translation .. as we are already 3 release versions behind!?

Its very annoying as lot of thing are not working as they should...

G3R0

• Calf

When will be the new firmware on download page. On japanese web page is already 1.10 version of firmware. On all other download pages is still the old 1.07 firmware. I do not understand what is the problem not to translate the japanase FW to english and to other languages.

PrinceBBB

• Calf

I hear your pain! I bought a Buffalo Quad linkstaion 4TB for use with my PS3.

Here are the issues I am getting

1. Video lag as you describe. Video just freezes for 10 seconds and then tries to catch up

2. Time Capsule just not working. Have tried all info on net/forums etc. Buffalo tech support useless. Very dissapointed by their lack of help and basic non-existent knowledge of their products.

3. Severe issues trying to get bit torrent working............

So, I am really thinking of using the hard drives in this system with a QNAP 409. Unless, someone at Buffalo can really get their act together and provide some real support and working software with detailed documentation?

Yes, Buffalo, this is a cry for help! Do you care?

Jason

• El Toro

G3RO and others who are waiting on the 1.10 FW for the LS-CHL,

Once it's been published in Japan, we have to receive in the individual regions where we operate at which points we test and debug, make changes as neccesary, and then put it on our website. It will be up as soon as we have achieved this. If your concern is about any region other than US/Canada, you would need to contact that region's support for further info, as we can only speak for our region. 

Prince BBB,

1. Can you please give details here, if you're asking for help you're providing no details.

2. Again, please actually describe what you have tried and your general setup. 

3. Can you be specific about what issues you are having with bit torrent? There are a few parts of that built in service that don't work properly in some situations, although generally speaking you should be able to download files onto it using it. You may experience troubling seeding etc. 

If you want real immediate support you simply have to call us, as far as detailed documentation goes, what specifically are you looking for? The manual is 96 pages long and covers all prescribed uses for the product in adequate detail. 

TeMpL

• Calf

Buffalo is fixing or better not fixing major issues with his products! That's really sad.

Printserver implementation needs to be improved as wont work for most of drivers which requires 2 way communication with printer (status of supplies ....)

Bittorent not keeping the settings.. (but product is advertised to support it)

Idiotic powermanagment solutions...

Very, very slow performance using small files...

DNLA version implementation of 1.0 :) We live in 2009 now?! ... So streaming over wireless networks is hardly impossible.. Lots of audio skipping...

And than over a 2 month with not only on fix or update or improvment.. And if there is any (fix which was released ony to privileged Japan people) than we should wait for a month or maybe two to get translated version? As there are more than 5 new words in a code.. COME ON!!!

Man should consider never to buy buffalo product again!

TeMpL

• Calf
   Status of an new firmware update?