Author Topic: Persisting problems and feature suggestions regarding LinkStation Live with BitTorrent (LS-CH*L)  (Read 42842 times)

MacFugee

• Calf

Model: LS-CH1.0TL-EU (European version of LinkStation) F/W:1.02 - Because us Mac users are worth it!:smileymad:

Mac OSX 10.5.7 

Been lurking on this forum since purchase four months ago wondering why Buffalo make such a big deal out of supporting Apple products, when you clearly don't.

The Mods are asking for patience from those requesting information in the newly released 1.10 f/w upgrade whilst Mac users are begging, and have been for at least 4 months, for 1.06. 

With no updates on your website and nothing in this thread can you please, respectfully, point me in the direction of somewhere I can get any information that will resolve Mac users issues?

MacFugee

• Calf
   Thanks for the help guys, its been a pleasure!

pdunlop

• Calf

I too have been waiting for the new firmware update, and now I see that the Japan region has gone from 1.10 to 1.20 as of today (although I'd be quite happy with just 1.10).

http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/ls-chl_fw.html 

[History]
? Ver.1.20 [2009.7.21] ? Ver.1.20 [2009.7.21] 
We respond to a Russian Web Settings.

? Ver.1.10 [2009.5.18] ? Ver.1.10 [2009.5.18] 
BitTorrent client has the following modifications. 
- Fixed a timing problem when changing the port configuration settings

- when you change the port settings, correct the problem was still waiting old port settings

- "stop the seeds in the ratio of Rhodes set up" when setting Fixed seeds do not work

- DHT increase the stability of the operation of the E06 error, correct the problem may not be invoked. 
Fixed a problem in IE8 Web do not see the screen properly.

Message Edited by pdunlop on 07-21-2009 09:22 PM

pdunlop

• Calf

Hmmm, I see that the 1.20 version has been removed from the Japanese website with this note ( I did wonder what it was actually trying to fix, but assumed it was something to do with the webpage text translation:smileyhappy:) :

Information and Apology 
Ver.1.20 Sunday July 21 for the public, because it is found that the problem after the update, we stop running.
Official firmware fix will be available in late.
Sorry for the inconvenience, 
We thank you for patience.

TeMpL

• Calf
   1.10 will do for start for us. ;)
Message Edited by TeMpL on 07-27-2009 07:57 AM

hellarda

• Calf

Hi,

I bought a Linkstation LS-C*L last friday (24/7/2009), I Had read these forums, and noticed all the problems that were apparent with the bit torrent client, so when i saw that it had shipped with FW 1.10, i thought yes!, not so, there have been hardly any fixes at all. The settings are still lost if the device is rebooted, restarted, or loses network connection, and you still cannot select individual files to download. have not had a chance to test anything else, but these features that i would like to use, do not work properly.

I hope they will be fixed in later firmware releases

Regard,

Ali 

Niarf

• Calf

Hi there,

I've purchased a LS-CHLv2 in 1.10 firmware, tried to download some large torrent with the bittorrent client, and it crashes the nas, so couldn't acces to admin web (login prompt don't show)....

I've gone back to my seller, which gave me a new one, but now, i'll not use this client anymore for the moment....

Upping this thread so it don't die (cheer for v1 LS owner! i'm with you)

G3R0

• Calf

I have now a new Buffalo LS-CHl 1TB NAS drive. I installed the 1.21 FW and everything is the same. The Bittorent settings are not saved. After rebooting the drive, there are the setting restores to defaults. Please SOLVE this problem. Beacuse it is non sense without correct working of bittorren client. The bittorent feature is useless on this device.

Can any body tell me what is the difference between 1.0 and 1.2 (2) version of Buffalo LS-CHL NAS device??

MetalHepple

• Calf

I have the exact same problem. The last post was 2 years ago and this still isn't fixed? Am I doing something wrong. The Bit Torrent Client is not seeding to private trackers!!!

ascandaroli

• Calf

I'm still having trouble with my download speed when using the nas bit torrent.

I've already checked and the port forwarding is working.

Same torrent when downloaded from my mac comes in at 1MB/s whilst the nas will only get around 200KB/s.

Any news about how to fix this?