Author Topic: Cannot access shares  (Read 4088 times)

jaredm

• Calf
Cannot access shares
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »
I am unable to access the shares on our Terastation Duo TS-WX2.  I set it up on our network and mapped the primary share to my computer and everything worked fine for a couple months.  Then I noticed the mapped drive was not connecting.  For a while, I could input the admin username and password and then it would connect temporarily.  Eventually, it would not even take my username and password.  I also could not view the shares by opening NASnavigator.  I then restored factory default on the Terastation(without erasing the drives), but I still cannot access the shares.  I get the following message when I try to view the shares through the NASnavigator program:

\\TS-WXL70C is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the adminis.... The username could not be found.

Since restoring factory default, I did not protect the shares through the web settings function, and I left the default admin username and password as is.  It keeps giving me this message even though I am already logged into the NASnavigator program so I shouldn't need credentials to access the shares. 

Anything I can do to access the shares?

Thanks