Author Topic: LinkStation stops allowing file access every ~2 days  (Read 3967 times)

Marckaufman

• Calf
LinkStation stops allowing file access every ~2 days
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »

Unit: LinkStation LS-W1.0TGL/R1-V3

Anyone have an answer for this: I have the unit set up with a static IP, and the DHCP router also has this device logged as static (the unit is only connected to a gigabit hub) Every 1-3 days the files become not available, however, I can see the all the folders in the root of the drive (if I try to click into one I get a windows warning that the device is not availble)?? What is strange is that I can log on using either http or the NASnavigator2 application (running in my system tray - I have a PC) and everthing looks fine, however, I cannot access to folders with the NASnavigator2 when the system is not working. If I run a diskcheck the system allows access to the folders again. I have also noticed that if I simply just poke around for a while with the system tools in the web application that the unit will start working again also.

Aditional Tidibt: If I use the  NASnavigator2 applicaiton I cannot

I hope someone can help me, I want to move all my companies files onto NAS and away from dedicated file servers but need this NAS unit to be rock soild to consider this.

Thanks,

Marc 

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation stops allowing file access every ~2 days
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:02:47 AM »
I would flash the firmware on this unit, then set the unit back to factory default from the web interface, this will not cause any data loss.

Marckaufman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »

I am running the latest version of firmware already (I had updated after I first saw this problem).

Again this morning I can't get in the system says the drive is not available!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »
I would set it back to factory defaults, if this does not solve the issue then I would call support and set up an RMA