Author Topic: Idea Exchange  (Read 4908 times)

drmemory

• Big Bull
Idea Exchange
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »

Good to see so many people adding their voice to new ideas. This will help put some weight into the ideas and help us convince the Japan engineers of the popularity of the most favored ideas.

maschlueter

• Calf
Re: Idea Exchange
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »

I add my voice to those who would lke to see the ability to partion the LinkStation Pro (our is LS-XHL973) into mulitple volumes, as well as partition an attached USB drive for backup.  This is very important for a small office using MacOS Time Machine on a few computers because the Time Machine backups expand on available disk space until it is used up.  If you point multiple Time Machine computers to back up on the LinkStation, their shares grow and compete for available space on the current single volume, with the larger one increasing in size relatively faster until it has used most of the available space.  Also, you cannot add a subsequent Time Machine computer share without loss of data on the others.  These problems would be solved if you could create partitions and control the size of volumes on the LinkStation for each Time Machine share.  Each share could then only expand until it used up its own allotted space.  ????????

Michael Schlueter, Denver attorney

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: Idea Exchange
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »

nice idea - how about putting it in the Idea Exchange Lounge board so people can vote on it? Readers vote by placing a kudo on your idea.

I rest my case. ;-)