Author Topic: Linkstation XL Series - Utorrent client needs updating  (Read 4068 times)

happiechappie

• Calf
Linkstation XL Series - Utorrent client needs updating
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »

I have just purchased a Linkstation XL 2TB with built in utorrent.  When I had utorrent installed manually on my PC I was able to select partial files when downloading the torrent, e.g. If I add a torrent that is 3Gb in size but I only want to download 100Mb of the torrent, I could select just the 100Mb file instead of downloading all of it.

In the utorrent built into the Linkstation I don't see this option?  I really don't want to download all the 3Gb file, so can you tell me how I can do this?  I have also tried a different method by highlighting the file in the utorrent application at the bottom of the screen and right clicking to select "Don't Download", but the "Don't Download" function doesn't activate.  The only way that I can see to do this is to click on each line item of the torrent and choose "Skip", but I have to do this for every line, it doesn't allow me to choose multiple lines and select skip!

This is really frustrating and time consuming.  Surely you can upgrade the firmware to a more recent version of utorrent that allow partial file selection when adding a torrent?!  Utorrent updated this option to select partial files when adding a torrent file well over 2 years ago.

I look forward to your reply and any other users that have experienced this problem, to see if there is a solution, thanks.