Author Topic: ADD Eaton Powerstation UPS support for connectivity through USB  (Read 6237 times)

openfred

• Calf
ADD Eaton Powerstation UPS support for connectivity through USB
« on: February 10, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »

Hi,

Like already some UPS are supported on Linkstation Pro with a connection through USB to control the shutdown process, I would like to extend this support to the following UPS equipment:

- Eaton PowerStation (model 600 and 800)

According to Linux documentation on Nut module, it seems compatible with that UPS model. But is more than likely the version in the Buffalo Linkstation is outdated compared to the one available.

So could it be possible to update the modules that refer to the UPS support through USB (probably refering to package nut and nut-usb) ?

It seems that even on the web, some people made it but through direct access to the Firmware, while I would like this is being done within the "official" firmware instead: see http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Install_a_UPS_(nut)

Regards,

Frederic

JoBo

• Calf
Re: ADD Eaton Powerstation UPS support for connectivity through USB
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:50:57 PM »
Here we are two years later and I'm asking for the CyberPower USB support.
I really can't justify a $79 APC BK350 for a $89 LS-WVL/e and already have a HID compliant cyberPower SX550G that sells for $45.

I too do not want to modify my firmware, voiding the warranty, because of buffalo's non support.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: ADD Eaton Powerstation UPS support for connectivity through USB
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
To be honest if you get the modified Firmware version and update your unit, they wont know at all. The modified firmware version are just fixes in there firmware and updates to certain issues. This is all backin work so unless then boot up with a monitor they wont know. You can even force update the official release over the modified one if you need to send them the device back and you will cover your skin. Companies state crap like this so you call them for support or stick to the rules so they can release a fix on the newer units and then you go off and buy that.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people