Author Topic: Squeeze Box Server Update for LS-WX1.0TL?/R1  (Read 3114 times)

SUllrich

• Calf
Squeeze Box Server Update for LS-WX1.0TL?/R1
« on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »

I have asked several times for an update possibility of installed version: 7.5.1 - r30836 @ Tue Jun 1 07:00:59 MDT 2010

This version is overdue for almost 1.5 years!!! The latest SBS version is 7.7.1.

In fact, all related connected devices, especially the Squeeze Box Touch automatically likes to update itself.

If you do not turn this off, you run into serious update/downgrade loops. And with the older software, you cannot

register the SB Touch on the mysqueezbox website.

If the efforts for implementing, testing and FW release are too high, why do you not develop a separate update tool for the server services, esp. the media servers (for me SBS). For me, it would be okay if I can update by myself.

In the internet, there is a tutorial available, but this seems to be very complicate with a Virtual Linux Machine etc.

Please provide an update tool for the SBS that can handle the official SBS update files from Logitech.

Or:

Please open the LS for userside updates

Or:

give a documentation how to do that by myself (and, of course, on my own risk)

Otherwise I'll have to consider to sell the Linkstation and to buy one, that allows more frequently in-time updates.

And, of course, at this time I can not recommend the Linkstation to friends who want to use SBS services.

Furthermore, I am pretty sure, that a product with a good community and that can be tweaked/updated to get out the maximum of it, will be more successful.

Regards

Sascha