Author Topic: WZR-HP-G30?0NH WLAN light  (Read 5379 times)

wedge775

• Calf
WZR-HP-G30?0NH WLAN light
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »

I just got my WZR-HP-G30?0NH this week.  I am using it in client mode with the dd-wrt firmware for all entertainment devices (PS3, BluRay Player, DirecTV).  I wondering how the WLAN light is supposed to work.  Mine has a constant slow steady flash to it.  The Linksys router I was useing beforehand you stay on all the time unless a device was useing it, then it would flicker very fast.  Should this router do the same??  I could find anything in the user manual about how this light is supposed to function. 

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G30?0NH WLAN light
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »

With DD-WRT it won't flicker like that, it only does that with the buffalo stock firmware, don't know why, something you would have to ask the dd-wrt devs. Its pretty much like that on all Atheros dd-wrt supported units. Only chipset i seen it work right on with dd-wrt is broadcom based routers.

Best Regards

wedge775

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

Ok thanks, the router works fine and all, just something I was wondering about.  Also it kinda eye catching with it blinking like that.  I give the buffalo firmware a try sometime and see which i like better.  Again thanks for the info!!!

Madnick

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »

The Buffalo firmware doesn't have the client modes.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »

The buffalo stock firmware lacks alot of things compared to dd-wrt IMHO. With dd-wrt i can basically script out custom iptables rules and have it working like an enterprise lvl router, its awesome!