Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Web UI & Wireless Problem  (Read 9856 times)

Hakun

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Web UI & Wireless Problem
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

Firstly, let me explain the situation:

1) My WZR-HP-G300NH is Japanese version running firmware 1.7.6. Everything works well.

2) I change the firmware to buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin. It also works well.

3) I switch back to wzrg300nh_original.bin and got an English Web UI. I works well.

4) Dowload wzrhpg300nh-176 from http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ (Downloads for AirStation™ Nfiniti™ Wireless-N High Power Router & Access Point WZR-HP-G300NH). Then performing update from this file. It saids Invalid Firmware. Do nothing more, it still works well here.

5) Perform update from internet. Progress is ok. I follows completely as it saids. But here is problem:

- Access to http://192.168.11.1. There is password pop-up. User name: root, password: blank. The web show:

The webpage at http://192.168.11.1/cgi-bin/cgi?req=twz might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

- Tried to clear cache, other web browsers, restart computer but it did not make changes

- Wireless cannot be detected (even the wireless led is blue)

- Wire can access to the internet

- NAS is ok. Possible to map my two HDDs.

I had tried to search for a solution but not success so far.

Please give me a hint. Thank you much!

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Web UI & Wireless Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

You tried to flash the English version of firmware to the Japanese region's product. You need to stick with firmware from that unit's region. 

XGhosT

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:39:12 AM »

Do you have revision A1 A3 on sticker ?

After some steps with flashing i have same problem.

Then i connect router via lan cable, log-in into WebGUI, check everything WiFi settings, save config and power off.

After power-on i see WiFi an all is OK.

P.S. For John:

Can you tell me, Reveision A1 A3 is Japan or not ?

One of my router (i have 2) is WZR-HP-G301NH but it can not be flashed to original Japan firmware. Only on 'USA'.

Hakun

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:33 AM »

Thank for joining discussion.

>> You tried to flash the English version of firmware to the Japanese region's product. You need to stick with firmware from that unit's region. 

The last update firmware is from internet. Before clicking to update button, I follow the link on the right check box, the link is something like this ***.jp*** and including message in Japanese. So, surely it's should be Japanese firmware.

>> Then i connect router via lan cable, log-in into WebGUI, 

I even cannot acces to Web UI. I require a password, user name: root and password: blank. Then nothing. (if I put a wrong user name or password, it require one more time)

BTW: the pic is from my router

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 08:28:11 AM »

Have you not tried the reset button on the side for 30 seconds and then re-try to access the webgui? You'll need something like a toothpick to access it, just make sure to file down the toothpick's sharp point so no damage to the button, its very small and hard to find.

Hakun

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:04:52 AM »

@buddee

Oh, it's too small to see. It's also hidden by base.

It works now. Thank all of you much. Special thank to buddee. Solved.