Author Topic: Cannot Establish a Wireless Connection  (Read 4841 times)

Chris_sirhC

• Calf
Cannot Establish a Wireless Connection
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »

Details:

Wireless Router - WHR-G125

ISP - RoadRunner (Cable)

The wireless router had been configured a long time ago (not by me) and worked fine but a move of the computer/modem/router has since caused problems (I didn't actually move it myself). Now, when attempting to connect to the internet via the main desktop computer, it fails. Here's how I have everything connected: 1) ethernet cord from PC to LAN #2 port of router 2) another ethernet cord from blue internet/WAN port to modem 3) both modem and router powered on.

Here's the thing, if I have the router mode set as simply an access point (the switch on the back is "OFF") then the desktop finds a connection and here I am posting this; but connecting to the network from a laptop does not work. The LEDs on the router with this setup read: Power - Green, Security - Red, Wireless - Green, Router - Nothing, Diag - Nothing

But, as far as I know, the router mode should be in the "ON' position such that it acts as a router. But, when switch it to 'on' (everyting else the same), the desktop cannot connect to the internet AND a laptop cannot connect to the network. The LEDs on the router with this setup read: Power - Green, Security - Red, Wireless - Green, Router - Green, Diag - Nothing

When I attempt to connect to the network from my laptop (running Ubuntu), I am prompted for the password; after I enter it you can see the wireless icon "working" but then it eventually gives up and re-promts me for the password.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Chris_sirhC

• Calf
Re: Cannot Establish a Wireless Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »

Nevermind everyone I figured it out. There were two problems: 1) I was using the wrong password when atempting to sign onto the network 2) I simply reset the modem and everything now works.

Thanks