Author Topic: Set up Static IP on wzr-hp-g300nh  (Read 7487 times)

schmuck

• Calf
Set up Static IP on wzr-hp-g300nh
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:20:56 AM »

My internet service provider (Fiber optic) has assigned me a static ip, how do I set it up, on my router, I can't find a place to set it up, Note I am not looking to set up a static LAN ip but a static internet ip.  Thanks

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Set up Static IP on wzr-hp-g300nh
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »
Logged into the web interface.  internet/lan, internet - method of acquiring an ip address.  Static.

schmuck

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:08:27 PM »

In response to your answer to my original question of how to set up a static ip for the internet, I too, went to Internet/Lan -- Internet and the following displays on my router; (excuse the bolding it happened after i copied the following)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

As for the IP address acquisition method,
"Perform Easy Setup (Internet Connection Wizard)" is set up.

To set up PPPoE,click here.

Advanced Settings Default Gateway Address of DNS Name Server Primary: Secondary: Internet MAC Address Use Default MAC Address(00:1D:73:8D:15:39) Use this address MTU Size of Internet Port Bytes

I can find no entry for a static ip, keep in mind I am using fiber optic which doesn't use PPPoe, and I have yet to figure out how to get rid of the automatic set up option that displays, as above.  

Thanks

Schmuck

Kameran

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=345xzrq&s=4
Message Edited by Kameran on 09-28-2009 09:59 AM