Author Topic: I just moved - now having wireless problems  (Read 6695 times)

jmravenscroft

• Calf
I just moved - now having wireless problems
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »

I am using a Buffal Air Station WHR-G125 Router.  I just moved into a new apartment.  The cable company has come and turned on my internet.  I'm using the exact same modem, router and eternet cable as I was yesterday.  Yesterday I had no problems with the router, and now I can't seem to use it.  The modem is fine, when my computer is plugged directly into the modem, I can access the internet.  When I plug the router into the modem and try to connect wirelessly, I get no internet.  The computer connects to my wireless network as provided by my router, but when I try to open a web browser, I get "Server Not Found" and "Unable to open Webpage" errors.

Help me please!  

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: I just moved - now having wireless problems
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:11 PM »
Unplug the modem, if you have VOIP take out the bettery, and let it sit for at least 2 min.  Then turn the modem back on and give it a min. to boot up.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »
   Does it work when connected to the router with a wired connection? Also try changing the wireless channel.

jmravenscroft

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »
   The modem reset worked and everything is working properly now!  Thanks so much!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:51 PM »
Yeah, cable modems tend to hang on to the mac address of the device that it was last attatched to.  When your cable provider set it up for you he probably directly connected the modem to the computer.