Author Topic: Help to port forwarding using my WHR-G300N  (Read 13644 times)

AnkZ

• Calf
Help to port forwarding using my WHR-G300N
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »

hello.

i just started playing company of heroes with some friends and it says that their is a NAT failure when we try to connect to one and another.

people are saying that it is because we need to port forward, but after searcing a lot on the Internet any of us cant solve the problem, so i hope someone can help me.

i have a WHR-G300N router

- Windows XP

- Internet Explorer

- Windows Firewall (i have tried to shut it down and allowed COH to go through it)

so can someone plz guide me through what i shall do, so my computer are port forwarding

regards

Casper

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Help to port forwarding using my WHR-G300N
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »
After logging into the web interface, click on "Lan Config" and select port forwarding.  Select TCP/UDP for "protocol" and select manual port setup in the drop down box.  Put the port you need to forward next to "port number" and put the IP info in and you should be good to go.

AnkZ

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »

Thx for that quick respond.

that sounds pretty simple. but how do i log into the web interface? (i am not really good with computers :|)

AnkZ

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 06:45:27 AM »

now i know.

is their a default username and password, when i try to log into my web interface, because i dont got the paper for the router any longer.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »
The default is username is root and you can leave the password blank

AnkZ

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
   when i try it says AUTHORIZATION ERROR CAUTION 1.The user name is "root". 2.Check uppercase or lowercase in the password. i have tried it 15 times with only lowercase letters, but without any luck do you know how I reset my password, so i will go back to "root"? i have allready made a hard reset, by holding in the reset button for 15 sec, then turn the power off, and then do it again 2 times more, but it will not reset the password.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »

You shouldn't need to unplug it, in fact it is possible to disrupt the reset process by doing so, just hold down the reset button (on the bottom between the slats) until the diag starts to blink.  When the light stays off for 30 seconds you can log back in because it is done with its reset procedure.  After you do this you will need to reconfigure your router, if you need help doing this call our support line at (866) 752-6210.

I am suprised that "root" did not work.  Where did you purchase this unit?

AnkZ

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
   it worked. thx a lot :) i bought it in a local store in Denmark where i live. just to be sure.... "Internet Side IP Adresse" is now changed to "Manual IP Address" "The protocol" is changed to "TCP/UDP" and the "port number" is 6112 (company of heroes) on UDP Port Manual setup the area where it says "Lan Side IP Adress" have allready a number. shall i leave the number their? and the last area where it says " Lan side port" what shall i type their?

AnkZ

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
   sry... wrote it wrong the "internet side ip address" is on "Airstation's Internet IP Adress" but the last 2. "Lan Side IP Adresse" and "Lan Side Port" i am not sure what to do with them

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »

'"Internet Side IP Adresse" is now changed to "Manual IP Address"'

You can leave that at auto actually.

"Lan Side IP Adress" have allready a number."

Yes leave the number

'" Lan side port" what shall i type their?"

You can just enter the port number there as well.

gelen4o

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »

Hi there, i have similar problem with the very same router (using device as router at the moment)

Filled in all information into the AirStation menu as per your posts above but for some reason the port (51413) still shows closed.... I made some screenshots you can have a look at:

airstation 

Transmissionport test

Thank you in advance :) 

Message Edited by gelen4o on 07-08-2009 04:41 PM
Message Edited by gelen4o on 07-08-2009 04:41 PM
Message Edited by gelen4o on 07-08-2009 04:47 PM
Message Edited by gelen4o on 07-08-2009 04:47 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »
Do you have DSL?  It sounds like you might be double natting.  PM me the info from your diagnostic screen.

gelen4o

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:05 PM »
   You have a PM :)

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
It does look like you are double natting, which means that your modem is also acting as a router.  You would want to call your ISP and have them bridge your modem.  Also have them give you information for a PPPOE connection.  Then you just need to set up your router for PPPOE connection.

gelen4o

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

10x for the quick support, I will call the provider tomorrow ( its after midnight in ireland) morning and have them sort it out for me 

:smileywink: