Author Topic: WZR2-G300N No wireless N mode AND invalid Firmware error  (Read 6912 times)

fionny

• Calf
WZR2-G300N No wireless N mode AND invalid Firmware error
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »

Hi,

Im hoping someone here can help me solve my issue, like alot of people around who have the wzr2-g300n i have no N mode options anywhere! I only noticed this recently because for the first time i purhased N adapters to allow for a media centre connection.

I have scoured the firmware GUI for the option but it simply does not exist, all over the place i see little 802.11g in blue and no option to change them!

I tried to install an older firmware (currently has WZR2-G300N-2 Ver.1.52) this results in error everytime saying Invalid Firmware and then reboots the device, the file type is .bin and is not corrupted in anyway.

The firewalls were all switched off as was my AV. I have tried doing it from a vista system an XP system and with no success, every time i get the invalid firmware error.

I no longer have the receipt or the box seen as i moved house since purchasing the unit and all got lost. Needless to say im extreemly annoyed that something so stupid as this could happen!

Can anyone help or do i need to purchase a new router (wont be buffalo!).

Thanks,

Fionn

slpip

• Tatanka
Re: WZR2-G300N No wireless N mode AND invalid Firmware error
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:25:39 PM »
   Go to the buffalotech.com USA website to download the firmware for WZR2-G300N firmware.  The actual model should be N-Finite router with firmware v.1.26.  At the setup web page, under the "wireless" tab, you should be able to select the n/g/b mode or n/g mode.

fionny

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:28:49 AM »

Im in europe which is why the version is that number, however i did try it anyway and still get the same error of invalid firmware and then the ever present ever annoying reboot.

Any other ideas?

fionny

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »

Ok for anyone else who has this problem the kind people in Buffalo Technical Support told me how to sort it, or at least to get the N speeds out of the router:

• Connect to the Web Administration page of the router,
  • Under Wireless Config, go to Basic (11g). Select the option below:
    • BandWith 40Mhz
    • Extension channel will set by itself
  • Under Wireless Config, go to Advanced (11g), Tick the option below:
    • 802.11n Protection  = Enable

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Fionn