Author Topic: Linkstation DUO hanging up, not reachable any more  (Read 5920 times)

flutist599

• Calf
Linkstation DUO hanging up, not reachable any more
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »

HI,

I purchased a Linkstation DUO LS-WX1.0TL/R1 and set it up with RAID1.

I'm uploading content via FTP from 2 servers, but every 30-60 minutes the Linkstation hooks up; it is not reachable on the network any more. FTP-connections drop - I cannot even ping it. NasNavigator cannot find it on the network any more as well.

The blue status LED is on constantly, as normal - no indication of an error.Also no status email is sent.

I am using most recent firmware 1.34. Power switch is on AUTO or ON - both same behaviour.

If I turn off Linkstation and turn it on again, everything continues normally unitl the next failure. My network is still working - so it's not the Router that gave up.

The Linkstation is connected via an EDIMAX 3G-6200N  router "Wireless 3G Router" via cable (Firmware 2.20). upload from the other servers is via cable and the same router.

any advise?

thx, Dominik

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation DUO hanging up, not reachable any more
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:58:16 AM »

"If I turn off Linkstation and turn it on again, everything continues normally unitl the next failure."

How long does it take before it fails?  How full is the unit to capacity?  You may want to try restoring it to defaults through the web interface and/or force updating the firmware.

flutist599

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:55 AM »

as I said, "every 30-60 minutes the Linkstation hooks up" - that's roughly the time.

it's currently 70 TB/500 TB used.

--> the issue is I had the same behaviour with the original Firmware (think it was 1.24) when I bought it; then I did FW upgrade to 1.34 but still have the same issue. So I don't see the reason why I should force FW update when I already did so - any idea?

Roberto

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »

You are not alone! hi i'm new user of Linkstation Duo and before of this experience i was thinking Buffalo was great devices but..... Now after one week of  removing hard disk deep formatting recovery in tftp boot mode (to be sure every was really clean) the problem is the same! Stop responding on every service, the software maybe hang or crash cause the back switch doesn't work anymore (is software switch) so the only way is to unplug power supply and restart. This occurs while transferring  files or just in idle mode, I' very sorry about my choice and i'm thinking to build one home made nas with mini itx atom motherboard. For sure will be not so small and silent but maybe will work as expected ;-)

Sorry guys for my english.

rjf9999

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:36:23 AM »
I bought this unit on Feb. 3rd and it does the same thing. After 30-80 minutes it just drops off the network. The "off" switch does nothing. Removing and restoring power gets it working again until the next drop off. I tried the reset which did nothing and the "forced update" of the firmware which failed to update even after following the posted instructions. I'm returning the unit tomorrow.

specific

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

Exactly same thing here. Bought the device 28th December and I have already tried all the usual recommended solutions (force fw, reset to factory settings, static ip etc.). I upgraded firmware 1.37 to 1.40 but no luck there.

Is Buffalo doing anything on this or are we just been ripped off? There's dozens of other customers experiencing the same problem with freezing NAS.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »

Is the switch on the back being kept to on or auto? 

specific

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »

Jotin wrote:

Is the switch on the back being kept to on or auto?

It doesn't matter, the device freezes whichever the switch position is.

flutist599

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:53:44 AM »

HI guys,

I have sent back the LinkStation to Buffalo, received a new one and this one works perfectly! So it seems it was a hardware issue. I'd recommend you to to the same, everybody who experiences the problem.

I spent so many hours trying to fix it, was not worth it.

--> one remark: on the outside packaging, there was a sticker on the box defining the production-date of the box; The replacement Buffalo I received had a much new prod.date than the old one (old: 2009, new: 2010).