Author Topic: Vista backup not working on terastation live HS-DHTGL/R5 2.14  (Read 3744 times)

dcoil

• Calf

Hi, I've read MANY post on many sites about 'fixes' to get Vista Backup to use the Terastation Live as a target. I've changed the compatability level (NTLM) to 2. I've used every conceivable logon (\\ip\username, \\workgroup\username, etc.). I've tried the command line backup suggestions - still can't backup to terastation. I have firmware 2.14.102 wich is the latest I find (even though over a year old 1/10/2008). I'm running latest MS patches on Vista64.

Can anyone offer any more suggestions? Is anyone else still having this issue after trying the possible 'fixes' I've described?

Thanks!

Dan_C

• Calf
Re: Vista backup not working on terastation live HS-DHTGL/R5 2.14
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
If those fixes don't seem to be working, about the only solution would be to use another backup solution to backup from the PC to the NAS device. The newest version of memeo does work for this application.

AGuyNamedMatt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

I have pretty much what y'all have above, TeraStation with 2.14, Vista Ultimate.  On another forum I saw someone suggest that I use

Username = Everyone

Password = Admin

When prompted during the backup to network process.  I figured this was just to solve the silly credentials problem (I had that too, and fixed it seperately) but in fact THIS ALSO SOLVED the "Cannot create a file when that file already exists" 0x800700B7 problem.  I have no idea why, and can think of all sorts of reasons why it shouldn't, but it worked.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »

Good to know. Thanks for taking the time and posting that information.