Author Topic: Buffalo Juststore 2TB HD-EU2 power setting issue  (Read 5292 times)

bizder

• Calf
Buffalo Juststore 2TB HD-EU2 power setting issue
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »

Hi

I use my HD-EU2 mainly with a Mac and an Xbox360. 

When using with the Xbox to watch video the drive seems to power down if idle (paused or stopped) for more than 5 seconds.  This is annoying as it then takes over a minute before it fires up again and is recognised by the Xbox.

I would guess that changing the power settings might provide a solution but the drive comes with no software or instructions to amend and my search for a solution has fallen flat so far.  Any ideas of a fix or am I stuck with this irritant?

Thanks

Biz

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo Juststore 2TB HD-EU2 power setting issue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »

The unit has Eco Minded: Automatic power down feature conserves energy when laptop or host device is powered off.  Download the Navigator for the unit here http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/juststore-portable-hd-pvu2/ and it should have the software included to where you can change the eco settings.  Is it also doing that with the Mac computer that you have?

bizder

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »

Thanks for that, sounds like exactly what I need but unfortunately that link won't accept my model number and serial combo.  I think because mine is a UK drive it has a different product code HD-E2.0TU-UK.  Any ideas of how to proceed?  I could phone the technical support line but don't know if there's an alternative link / approach?

It works fine with my Mac and never drops unless the Mac goes to sleep which is fair enough - it's only the xbox that confuses it.

Thanks again for the response.

Paul

bizder

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »

Just phoned UK tech support and they've told me that it's just not designed for use with an Xbox.  There is no firmware to fix it - it just powers down when it has no active connection. 

Pretty poor if you ask me given it's described on the box as 'simple & easy to use plug and play storage to store thousands of music, video etc in one convenient location'.  Store away but don't expect to play them on any device other than a computer.

MalcomKlenke

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
<p>Hi</p><p>I use my solar panels mainly with a Mac and an Xbox360. </p><p> </p><p>When using with the Xbox to watch video the drive seems to power down if idle (paused or stopped) for more than 5 seconds.  This is annoying as it then takes over a minute before it fires up again and is recognised by the Xbox.</p><p> </p><p>I would guess that changing the power settings might provide a solution but the drive comes with no software or instructions to amend and my search for a solution has fallen flat so far.  Any ideas of a fix or am I stuck with this irritant?</p><p>Thanks</p><p>Biz</p>
hello friend I know thread is bit old but were you able to sort out the power issue? I have been facing similar issue so can you help me out? Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:53:19 AM by MalcomKlenke »