Author Topic: [HELP] Network & Updating  (Read 8082 times)

Mastermind

• Tatanka
[HELP] Network & Updating
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »

Hello!

I got my Linkstation LS-CHL 500gb a couple of hours ago and I have been at it ever since.

The problem is, that I can't reach my NAS/Files trough the network. When I go to Network -> MastermindsNAS it says 'Windows cannot access \\MASTERMINDSNAS'

When I click on show details it says 'errorcode 0x80070035. The network path was not found.'  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have also tried to go into NasNavigator2, but when I select my NAS and click 'browse' nothing happens.

So I though.... what if it's the firmware? So I tried updating it to the latest version. I turned of my firewall and punched the update button once it found my nas. After giving the password twice it started to send and receive data. After a couple of minutes it stopped with the message that the dates of the firmware were incorrect and that the firmware update possibly failed.

I tried again. But now it says that It couldn't confirm a response from the nas.

I am now stuck, awaiting for the calvary to march on and help me. (Or.... you guys :d )

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Mastermind

• Tatanka
Re: [HELP] Network & Updating
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »

I just found out I can access it trough FTP.

Just mentioining it, maybe it helps.

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »

Also a little side question:

What is the best way to stream videos from your media server to your iPod Touch?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
Check out the general FAQ. I posted this windows 7 issue in there. And for the itouch I would use FTP and the itouch app air share pro

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »

Thanks!

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »

Ok, so I tried "Q: "Having issues mapping a drive with Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional? "" But I've had no luck. I tried this, confimed that it was there, rebooted and I still cannot access \\MASTERMINDSNAS (my LS-CHL).

Ill check the app out!

Please help me further!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »

try by going \\theipaddressthelschl

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:42 AM »

That worked your mr. aweseome!

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »

Another thing and you'll make my MONTH:

How can I optimize streaming since whenever I try to stream now it has to buffer endlessly on a LQ movie.Is this due to my router (g band, 100mpbs ports) and my wall plug leading to my nas (80 mbps)?

If I'd put a switchbox between my computer and nas (router -> wallplug -> switchbox) would this help? Computer is momentairly on g band wireless since I had to use my ethernet port for the NAS.

Also how can I schedule tasks? I want it to start downloading my (unfinished) torrents at 03:00, and stopping the downloads at 09:00. Is this possible.

Is webaccess 3.0 included in firmware 1.37?

How can I let iTunes see the movies on my NAS? Currently only the music files are showing up.

Thanks in advance!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »

Are we talking about the same unit now or a different one? 

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »

Still the LS-CHL 500 GB

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

In order to get the best speed when transferring movies you want everything to be on gigabit (1000 mbps) and if anything is wireless, then it should be wireless N.  Web access 3.0 is indeed available on 1.37. And iTunes will not see movies. 

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »

1000 mbps? Wireless N? Yay! Time to start saving to buy a new router! I hope Ill have enough.... somewhere next year.... (July?).

Thanks for all the great help though! :thumpsup:

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

can you schedule tasks?

I want it to start my unfinished torrents at e.g.  03:00 and to stop them at 09:00

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 09:41:45 AM »

Yes, you can schedule your torrents. You can schedule other things in the linkstation like wake up and sleep, backups, and raid checks (if your unit had raid).