Author Topic: iPhone 4 connection issue via WebAccess  (Read 3384 times)

stefano

• Calf
iPhone 4 connection issue via WebAccess
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

I'm trying to use my iPhone 4 (Safari) to access the NAS usb drive connected to my AirStation Nfiniti HighPower (WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.76 (R2.01/B1.07)).

I'm using the WebAccess function of the AirStation as follows:

Web Access Enabled
HTTPS/SSL Encryption Enabled
Web Access External Port  
Port Number:  auto
DNS Service Host Name: BuffaloNAS.com registration function

The web access status is: registered. If I try to connect through my laptop (Win XP SP2 + Google Chrome), after the expected authentication the browser displays the content of my drive correctly (the web address does not convince me though: "https://192.168.11.1:9000/login/").
However when I try to connect via iPhone browser (Safari), I cannot access the drive. The authentication (the login popup) leads to the screen showing my drive (disk1_pt1) but when I select it...nothing happens! The address changes from [address]:9000/login to [address]:9000/login/#0
Am I missing anything??
Fyi I have the Media Server active and running just fine. I log in with admin permissions in the shared folder settings: NoLimits(read/write)
Thank you
S.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: iPhone 4 connection issue via WebAccess
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »

Try disabling https/ssl. Did you create a user and give that user access to the share folder? 

stefano

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:15 AM »

I tried but the situation did not change at home. HTTPS/SSL is now deactivated. As for the user, I created a new user as a first step while creating a shared drive.

Now I have connected to the internet somewhere else cause the fact that both the pc and the iphone connect via 192.168.... instead of having an external IP did not convince me. The result is the same from both iphone and pc. It gives an external [IP]:30379/ and the pc browser (IE7) finally, after some struggle successfully connected to the drive (Yay!).

The iphone browser gives the same external [IP]:30379/ but then it does nothing but displaying the drive name. When I tap on it the address changes from [IP]:30379/login to [IP]:30379/login/#0

What could it be??

stefano

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »

SOLUTION: Activate the JavaScript option in Safari's settings. It should be working now! :smileytongue: