Author Topic: LS-WXLC 2Tb NAS system. Shared folder accesibility problem.  (Read 3347 times)

ddfuller

• Calf
LS-WXLC 2Tb NAS system. Shared folder accesibility problem.
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:06:25 AM »

This wkend I installed my new Buffalo NAS.  Goet RAID all setup, media server turned on and loaded up all my important household files, including itunes libary.  The problem I'm having right now is the accessibility of the shared folder.  I had expected that this folder would be simply accessible via 'my computer' under the 'network drives' section.   (I'm using Windows XP on my laptops).  The folder is listed, but the 'type' is 'disconnected Network Drive' and I get an error when I click on it to enter.  The only way I can get into the share folder is via the buffalo NAS Navigator2 software.  That is a bit awkward to do as I plan on accessing this drive regularly.  What do I need to do to get the Buffalo NAS to act like normal NAS folders can be accessible via normal folder links, etc.  Pls advise.

thx.

-ddfuller

sethz

• El Toro
Re: LS-WXLC 2Tb NAS system. Shared folder accesibility problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

In order to best help you we'll need to know the model number of the device you have and any error messages you may be getting.

ddfuller

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »

I listed the model # in the subject. 

LS-WXLC 2Tb system.

Linkstation Duo.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »

You will want to right click on that mapped drive and click on disconnect. After that is done go to start, run and type \\theipaddressoftheunit . You can find the ip address in the nas navigator. When the window opens up, right click on your share folder and click map network drive. Choose a drive letter and click finish. This should map the drive to my computer and you should be able to access the files. 

ddfuller

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »

Thanks.  Worked like a champ. problem solved.