Author Topic: Need some help Terastation III TS-XL  (Read 2861 times)

Prime2099

• Calf
Need some help Terastation III TS-XL
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:58:01 AM »

Hey guys i'm in need of some help. I have a Terastation III and it started acting really strange this morning. We had a power outage here at work, and so i go in and turn the thing back on, it boots up no error messages or lights and i think everything is fine. I go to my computer to load some files onto it and i get the error message "Logon Failure: unknown username or bad password" I didn't mess with the settings at all and when i go to the web browser to check the settings it goes really slow, i have no issues logging with the same username and password that i've setup on my computer.

Now after i double check the settings i go to the drive again and no error message pops up and it seems to be working fine. I go to transfer my files again and it starts to transfer and then it goes and gives me the message "Cannot copy (FILE NAME) -101 The specified network name is no longer available". I figure maybe it has something to do with the access restrictions, i remove them on one of the shares, and that doesn't fix the problem. I still get the same message.

I'm pretty much stumped on this, i don't know what the problem could be because it's been working fine for the last few months up until this point. I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3. I could really use the help. Thanks guys.

Prime2099

• Calf
Re: Need some help Terastation Pro III TS-XL9FC
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:37:40 AM »

One more thing the firmware on the drive is 1.20. I noticed that the new firmware came out last month. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Prime2099

• Calf
Re: Need some help Terastation Pro III TS-XL9FC
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »

Well i figured out what the problem was, it turns out when the power went out this morning and then came back online before the buffalo came on, another machine took it's IP from the DHCP pool, so when i turned the buffalo back on, it had duplicate addresses on the network. This ended up not letting it work properly, but now it's solved.