Author Topic: Data Recovery after FW update  (Read 3163 times)

chris137

• Calf
Data Recovery after FW update
« on: October 10, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »

Model: LinkStation Pro Duo LS-W2.0TGL/R1-US

My Link Station went into E06 (corrupted firmware) mode.

I revived it with TFTP, and a reflashing of the FW (V. 3.9). I also managed to fix the Japanese language issue.

However everything is reset to factory: no partitions, users or backup configurations are visible.

How can I restore the previous configuration?

Thank you for any help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Data Recovery after FW update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:58:59 PM »

what are you looking to do exactly? Restore the settings or the data (the latter is highly unlikely given what your say)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

chris137

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »

I want to recover both. Some 500 GBytes of data need to be restored with a rather small amount of data without backup. Furthermore, restoring the setting spares a lot of time as well.

I am looking for technical advice only.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 02:53:07 AM »

1. The settings cannot be restored, this has to be done manually.

2. Regarding the data, originally what RAID configuration was on the unit. Does the Disk Management section of the GUI or the Nas Navigator say what percentage of the disks are being used?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

chris137

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »

Thank you for the info about the settings. I used RAID 1 and the setting is again RAID 1. The percentage used indicated in the GUI is 0%.

Note added later: I just completed the reconfiguration, and launched the playback. If someone knows the answer to my question, I would still be interested - it could happen again!