Author Topic: Delete CDFS Partition on CX-U2  (Read 5926 times)

Noisy81

• Calf
Delete CDFS Partition on CX-U2
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:22:32 AM »

Hello,

is there any posibility to delete the virtual utility drive? We bought 12 Drivestations to use them as rotateable backup drives. It is absolutly annoying to cancel the autorun popup every time a drive is plugged in.

BTW: The Drivestation ignores the hard allocated drive letter. Has this something to do with the CDFS partition?

Thanks for help

Noisy81

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Delete CDFS Partition on CX-U2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »

No you cannot it is built into the flash.

skloter

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »

If the CDFS is on Flash and not using up hard drive space - is the hard drive truly 1 TB?  Or is some of the hard drive lost to this function?

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »

Hard drive manufacterers use the 1000 system and operating systems use the 1024 system to get to the next incriment, kilo->mega->giga and so forth, so a drive is truly 1TB but never 1TB. but the CDFS partition is on the flash and not taking up space

Quomar

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 03:40:37 AM »

It is possible to empty CDFS partition with is sometimes annoying.

You can take out HDD from caddy and connect to desktop or plug by standard usb/sata adapter. Partition will not be recognized. Wipe hdd for few sconds and put it back to the original caddy. With buffalo secure lock manager (HD-PXTU2) regenerate partition. You will have blank hard drive partition and empty virtual CD partition.

I can't find any solution yet to edit this virtual CDFS partition, but for other models and brands solutions you can find here:

http://blog.usboffice.kr/?p=146

Quomar

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 03:42:44 AM »

You can take out HDD from caddy and connect to desktop or plug by standard usb/sata adapter. Partition will not be recognized. Wipe hdd for few sconds and put it back to the original caddy. With buffalo secure lock manager (HD-PXTU2) regenerate partition. You will have blank hard drive partition and empty virtual CD partition.

I can't find any solution yet to edit this virtual CDFS partition, but for other models and brands solutions you can find here:

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 03:57:42 AM »

Quomar wrote:

Bare in mind that doing this WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!