Author Topic: startupRaid.exe for DriveStation Duo 2.0 TB HD-WL2TSU2R1?  (Read 2877 times)

jkallman

• Calf
startupRaid.exe for DriveStation Duo 2.0 TB HD-WL2TSU2R1?
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new DriveStation Duo 2.0 TB HD-WL2TSU2R1.  After setting up the Buffalo software on my Windows 7 64-bit PC, every time I login it attempts to run the program:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BUFFALO\RAID Utility\startupRaid.exe" /RUN_AS_ADMIN

Obviously, this is in my Startup folder on Windows.  The drive is setup as RAID1, and I have no issues accessing it from Windows.  It looks like a 1 TB volume to Windows, which is what I would expect.

My only question - what is the purpose of this program startupRaid.exe?  I thought the RAID was built into the drive itself.  Will there be any ill effects if I remove this "startupRaide.exe" program from my Startup folder?

Thanks.

Joel

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: startupRaid.exe for DriveStation Duo 2.0 TB HD-WL2TSU2R1?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »

This program can be removed without ill effect.  As you stated the hardware controls the RAID not the software.  Let us know if you have any other problems.

jkallman

• Calf
Re: startupRaid.exe for DriveStation Duo 2.0 TB HD-WL2TSU2R1?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »

Awesome.  Thank you very much for the clear and prompt help.

I'm a huge fan of Buffalo products.  This is my third purchase from Buffalo and I couldn't be happier.  I pitch your products to anyone who will listen.

Joel