Author Topic: No access to Web Admin after firmware update to 1.34  (Read 3675 times)

andstyles

• Calf
No access to Web Admin after firmware update to 1.34
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »

Apologies for starting a new message but could not reply to the appropriate message, it was marked 'read-only'.

re: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/LS-WSXL-no-admin-access-after-firmware-update/td-p/35889

To recap, the error is trying to log into Web Admin. The username & password is entered, but an alert box pops up to say "the current session has expired, please sign in again".

I just performed a successful firmware update on a Link Station Duo LS-WXL, from version 1.25 to 1.34

I want to confirm that before the firmware update I could access Web Admin on my preferred browser, Chrome.  However after the update I cannot, but it is accessible through Internet Explorer 8.  I have not tested it in any other browser but my message is in response to the user who claims it does not work in Firefox either.

It is unfortunate the firmware update causes Web Admin to only work in IE.  I stopped using this browser years ago.  What happens if the release of IE9 is not supported?  Is there a fix available for this?  I am tempted to restore the Link Station in hope of getting back to the older firmware version just so I can continue to use Chrome or any other non-IE browser.

Thanks

andstyles

• Calf
Re: No access to Web Admin after firmware update to 1.34
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »

In follow-up I have made a new discovery with the attempt to login to Web Admin through a non-IE browser.

I connected the Linkstation into my PC to speed up the copying over of data.  Doing this I discovered that I AM able to connect to Web Admin through Chrome (and possibly other non-IE browsers).  At this point I was thinking of deleting my previous post saying non-IE browsers were not compatible with Web Admin after updating the firmware.

BUT disconnecting the Linkstation from the PC and re-connecting it back into the router I find Web Admin is still blocking me from using Chrome.  I can however use IE.  I'm not a networking knowledgeable person and all I can witness is the IP address is different for Web Admin when the Linkstation is connected directly to the PC and when its connected directly into the router.

Before the firmware update I was able to use Chrome whilst the Linkstation was connected to the router.  After the firmware update I can't, But I can if the Linkstation is connected into the PC.

Is it the IP address?  I'm not technically savvy when it comes to networking but any response or help on this will be very much appreciated!

Thanks

andstyles

• Calf
Re: No access to Web Admin after firmware update to 1.34
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »

Solved!

I googled for Chrome and IP addresses.  And followed instructions to uncheck the "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance" and to clear the cache.  Now this has worked to solve the problems I was having logging into Web Admin.

But boy do I feel very stupid right now!  As a developer I'm always asking people "have you tried clearing your cache?" Doh!  :smileyvery-happy: