Author Topic: Can't detect my LinkStation Pro Duo... Need help :)  (Read 6207 times)

Jhaypz

• Calf
Can't detect my LinkStation Pro Duo... Need help :)
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:51:20 AM »

Hi Guys,

Just need your help on how to resolve my problem. I have a LS-W1.0TGL/R1 with firmware 3.09 which I bought a few days ago. I tried testing it on my home network which is composed only of 2 Desktops, 1 Laptop, 1 Sonicwall TZ170,a couple of VOIP phones, and 2 ISP for redundancy/failover. My OS is Windows 7 32-bit and unsure if the NASNav I have is compatible with it. 

Problem is, the linkstation can no longer be detected in my network. I tried locating it via the Nasnav but it can no longer detect it... I believe the assigned IP is on a different subnet however, I have no idea how to restore everything to its default factory settings. Also, I forgot the default IP address of the said NAS. 

I need help on how to restore it to factory settings without sacrificing my data in it. 

Thanks,

John

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Can't detect my LinkStation Pro Duo... Need help :)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

There is a function button on the back of the device that says, function/reset/init.  Power device down, while it is off hold that button for 6 seconds then while holding the button flip the power switch to auto, then release button and press it again and release.  should reset ip it without touching your data.  If that doesn't work do a direct connect with a pc that has a automatic ip assignment get into the device using the same 169 ip address you find in the nas navi and then set a static and see if you can get into the gui with the ip.

Jhaypz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »

Thanks for the advise... I was able to detect the linkstation again because of the infos you gave me.Thanks again for your help! :)

killsport

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:11 AM »

I've tried this approach (switch to off, holding down the func button for 6 secs, power on, release func, "click" func again) and gotten no results.  I also have tried to plug in directly to my computer (bypassing the router), but don't know how to access the Linkstation with the direct ethernet connection.  I do have NasNavigator2 running, but it can't find anything... Ideas?  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »

If you followed the reset method please try setting a static IP address on your computer to 192.168.11.1 and try to locate the unit while directly connected