Author Topic: Utorrent Downloads disappearing when rebooting Linkstaion Pro LS-XHL  (Read 3886 times)

steve_carter159

• Calf

Hello All,

I've been using the bit-torrent extension on my Linkstation for the last 4 months with success. Before I would setup all my downloads using the bit-torrent extension, everything is turned off at the wall at night and when we go out, including the linkstation. When either of us are in we usually have the TV on(this is connected to the same 6 way socket my linkstation, router and broadband is connected too).

My downloads automatically resume any active torrents when the linkstation is turned back on.

I've recently updated my Linkstations firmware to the latest version . Since it has been upgraded to the Utorrent client all of my active torrents disappear when I cut power to the linkstation, I have to manually readded them from the torrent file to resume the download. I have since updated the firmware again to the newer version version 1.34 & restored the settings on the Linkstation but still the downloads don't resume. 

Any suggestions?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Utorrent Downloads disappearing when rebooting Linkstaion Pro LS-XHL
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »

When you "cut power" I'm assuming you turn off the LinkStation first before turning off the devices at the wall correct?

steve_carter159

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:59 AM »

Hello,

Well no :smileysad:....

We normally just turn it all off at the wall (the linkstation is hidden behind the TV with my router and modem). I wired it up that way so my downloads would resume when my partner would watch tv during the day.

I never had this problem when I was using it with the basic bit torrent extention, its only since the update that I have had this problem.

Do you think my only option would be to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks,

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

Not really since cutting to power is an improper shutdown of the NAS that's probably why you're torrents aren't being resumed because the NAS doesn't receive a shutdown signal and save what it's doing.  Sort of like a PC when you're working on a document if you just hard power down (unplug the PC) would you expect that document to be fully saved?  Of course not, the NAS works along the same premise ;)  See if a normal power down yields the same results (flip the switch to the OFF position and wait for the NAS to shutdown).

steve_carter159

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:23:03 AM »

Many thanks for your reply.

I shut down the linkstation correctly and all of my active torrents remain.

What puzzled me is I have been doing improper shutdowns since I had purcahsed the Linkstation and on the previous firmware it kept all the active torrents.

I have since downgraded the firmware to version 1.24 and following an improper shutdown, all of my downloads remain :smileyvery-happy:

I would have loved to use the latest firmware but I doubt my partner would remember to switch the Linkstation on and off each time she uses the TV.

I know the easy solution would be to leave it on, but I don't like to leave anything on stand-by at night or when we are not in.

Many thanks for all your help.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »

Not a problem :)