Author Topic: Agonizingly slow response on Terastation web browser manager  (Read 4649 times)

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
Agonizingly slow response on Terastation web browser manager
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »

I have a Terastation, HS-DHTGL663.  Lately the browser manager has been working so slowly that it's almost useless.  Any ideas why it would be working so slowly?

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: Agonizingly slow response on Terastation web browser manager
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »

There are a few possibilities that it could be, including firmware corruption, disk(s) starting to go bad to name a couple, first step would be to make sure the data is backed up, than please try flashing the firmware on the unit using this procedure

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:25:08 AM »

Thanks.  Can you point me to the correct firmware update?  And should I do a normal EM mode update, or a force firmware update?

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

click here to access the downloads page, than from the top drop down box select the "Terastation Live", than DL the firmware,  it is suggested to try a normal update first, if that does not work boot into EM mode followed by a force update

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

Ok, couple of issues, in reverse order of importance:

1.  The firmware updater can't find my TS.  I've confirmed it's on the same subnet.  I have the updater loaded on my desktop, which is hardwired to my router.  I also disabled the antivirus and firewall before trying to run it.  Any ideas?

2.  This is the big one:  I just replaced HD1 a few weeks ago.  When I couldn't get the firmware updater to find the TS, I booted into EM mode; that's when HD1 showed as faulty (Error E23); it also shows fan speed at 1020 RPM (has never indicated fan speed before), and it's running in degrade mode (I12).  I just replaced the daggone HD; how can it be showing this?? 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 02:10:54 AM »

1. The firmware updater is most likely the same version that is currently running on the NAS.  In which case since it's looking for a NAS running the previous version (unless you're using the force update method)  and since it's not finding one it basically means your NAS is up to date.
  2. Have you instructed the NAS to rebuild the RAID via the Web GUI?  If not, that's where these messages and slow response are coming from.  Generally, after a RAID rebuild that will be the telltale sign on whether a firmware update is necessary.