Author Topic: uTorrent WebUI  (Read 5096 times)

tmm0f5

• Calf
uTorrent WebUI
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »

Hello All,

I was wondering if this is possible with the uTorrent on a TeraStation III 4gb.  I have a PalmPre and would love to be able to control torrents from my phone. I looked through the settings on the uTorrent on the TeraStation, but didn't see the settings for this ability.

http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/webui-for-webos-pro?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Precentralnet+%28PreCentral.net%29

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Tim

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: uTorrent WebUI
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »

Since the uTorrent on the NAS is controlled via port 9090, then an application pointed at  <IP_of_the_NAS>:9090/gui/ might work but we don't have testing resources for this.  If you already own the NAS and are willing to try this and post feedback it would be appreciated.

bnbt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

Looking at that app's instructions it looks like you *should* be able to use the app by inputting your NAS IP address and the port of the web UI (9090) into the app and that will work.

Very interested to know if it will work.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:52 PM »

Try this instead as I met with failure putting in just the IP and :9090

http://[IP_of_NAS]:9090/gui/

bnbt

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

@Dustrega are you using a palm pre and trying the app @tmm0f5 linked to?  It's just connecting to the uTorrent webUI API and not using the gui that ships with the NAS.

I can't check as I dont have a palm pre, but skipping to #4 on these instructions is how I'd check.  http://rjamdev.info/?page_id=207

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:39:10 PM »

No I was just talking about general browser access.  Generally, we don't support 3rd party apps.  If it works great but if not there's not much we can do.

tmm0f5

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »

Thank you so much.  I just got back in town and am going to give this a try today.

I will post my results.

Thanks again,

Tim

tmm0f5

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »

It doesn't seem to work with the Terastation.  I tried everyway of adding /gui to the end.  I think that is what is tripping it up.

Is there supposed to be a place where I can change the login for NAS uTorrent?  I can't seem to find it.  I wanted to see if that would help.  The admin webscreen did not have a password spot.

Thanks,

Tim

bnbt

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »

Have you already made your NAS accessible from outside your LAN?  You're not going to be able to use the Palm Pre interface unti that's done(unless you can connect va wifi, in which case you us the internal IP of the nas).  There's a bunch of steps that you have to go through on your router to make this possible.  Going through a browser from outside your LAN you would go to [your external IP]:9090/gui .  The /gui thing is only relevant on a web browser as it loads the web browser based interface.  On a device that is running its own BitTorrent interface, like the app you've referenced, the app needs to access the IP and Port of the bittorrent client, so that is what you enter into the app.  Now the application itself has to be coded to correctly interact with the utorrent web api and handle things like token auth too, but I have no way of testing that.  If you can access externally on a computer, then you might also try the same address on the palm pre's browser to confirm it works, and then try out the app.

tmm0f5

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »

Thank you so much.  I can't believe I completely forgot to forward the port on the router.

It works for all of those interested.  Simply put in your ip and port 9090 after having forwarded the port in your router.

Works like a charm!  Now I can add torrents on the fly!

-Tim