Author Topic: Can't access Linkstation Pro after shutting down  (Read 3847 times)

slorenc

• Calf
Can't access Linkstation Pro after shutting down
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:36:30 PM »

I had some network problems so I had to shut down everything and bring it all back up. Everything came up okay except for my NAS. It's an LS-GL-EM35F. I run NASNavigator2 and it looks like it's pulling an IP. (I tried it on two different routers) It even sends me a signal, but when I send an "I'm here" command, I get a Failed URL open. Error code=12029. I've tried resetting the NAS which didn't seem to change anything.

My guess now is a bad drive, but I'm not sure. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Can't access Linkstation Pro after shutting down
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:40:54 AM »

your units in EM mode, get the latest fimware for your device from the Buffalo website and run the .exe file.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

slorenc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »

Thanks! That worked. Now I've got a very strange problem. I select "Open Web Settings" and I get the Linkstation interface but it looks like it's in chines. The copyright stuff is in english. Any ideas how to change? NASNavigator2 is in english. I'm running version 2.24. I even downloaded a new version to make sure nothing was corrupt or I accidently installed the wrong language. Also, reset the NAS and rebooted my computer.

slorenc

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »

Nevermind. I used the user manual to stumble through the GUI to find where the language setting was. I changed it from Japanese to English and now I'm good to go.

Thanks again davo!!