Author Topic: MySQL Server on Linkstation Pro Duo  (Read 13189 times)

sabre999uk

• Calf
MySQL Server on Linkstation Pro Duo
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:40:33 AM »

Hi,

I've just bought a Linkstation Pro Duo (Model number LS-WX1.0TL/R1-EU) running 1.24 firmware with 2x500GB Discs set as a raid1 array.

Under Network/ MySQL Server Ive enabled MySQL Server using port 3306 and mysql as the data folder,

If I click on open phpMyAdmin I get a phpMyAdmin page with a username/password dialog but none of the users/passwords that I've setup on the linkstation work.

Could somebody tell me where I'm going wrong or what else I need to do please?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

ambris

• Calf
Re: MySQL Server on Linkstation Pro Duo
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »

Hi,

bad news: I have the same problem. Linkstation Duo (LS-WXL).

This is not just a problem with the firmware. I updated the firmware to 1.26 (I think) and now to 1.31. Problem is still there.

I also tried to change the configuration for phpMyAdmin (http://<mylinkstationIP>:81/phpMyAdmin/setup/) but the config folder is not writable for the webserver.

Next try was to use a old MySQL-Admin-GUI. But I got the error-message no login from a forign host is allowed.

It would be easy to solve if we have CLI-access via ssh. But the Linkstation kick me out everytime I tried to send a command. I tried "phpshell" on the webserver. But again the problem: no write access for the webserver

:-(

sabre999uk

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was starting to lose hope! Hopefully someone will be able to suggest a solution or there will be a firmware upgrade to fix it but I won't hold my breath.

Steve

goatstudio

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Hi,

The default user id and password is:

id: admin

password: password

regards,

vic

sabre999uk

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »

Thank You! Such a simple answer yet it's taken over a month for someone to post it, I guess not many people use the MySQL function.

Thanks again

Steve

goatstudio

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 08:28:16 AM »

That is due to, I happen to face the same issue these few days... and search the answer from the web too. However, finally found the answer from user manual... :p

sabre999uk

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:29 AM »

I had a out of date user manual, the one I downloaded when I was reserching the linkstation is 35011114 ver.02 and only has how to setup the mysql server on page 116 but the manual ive now downloaded by selecting read the manual from the linkstation logon page is 35011114 ver.03 has the server setup on page 112 & the username/password info on page 131!

So the moral of this story is not only to "Read the flippin' manual' but to "Read the latest version of the flippin manual"!

Thanks again

Steve

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:27 PM »

Well said lol :robotvery-happy: