Author Topic: LinkStation Live 500GB Backup Problem  (Read 3267 times)

amdhillon

• Calf
LinkStation Live 500GB Backup Problem
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:43:43 AM »

I have two Linkstation Live 500GB NAS (HS-DH500GL) on my home network. I recently upgraded both to firmware 2.11 and suddenly I can no longer do a NAS to NAS backup. Here is the problem

I go to the primary LS and look under Disk Backup -> LinkStation List  and as expected see the secondary (and primary) LinkStations and they both say "supported" under the backup support column. So far so good.

On the primary I then go to disk backup --> job 1 to set up the backup job

I go to the bottom area marked "Backup Source and Destination Folder" to choose what to backup from primary to secondary.

I see the various folders in the dropdown menu on my primary (Local Backup Shared Folder) but under destination nothing shows up in the drop down menu. It just says "No Available Source Backup Folders".

So here is the problem. Despite the fact that the primary linkstation sees the secondary under the drop down I cannot select the secondary to backup to. I tried reinitializing both devices (set to factory default) as I read that on some other post, but it doesn't change anything. I should point out that backup worked flawlessly for years prior to my upgrade to firmware 2.11. Do I need to go back to a previous firmware version? 

Maza

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Live 500GB Backup Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »

Log onto the web config for the "destination" LinkStation, go to Shared Folders, select the folder you wish to back up to and check that the "Disk Backup" option is selected. After the firmware update/reset it may have returned to the factory default settings where that option is no longer selected.

amdhillon

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Live 500GB Backup Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:33:34 AM »

that was it!

thank you very much