Author Topic: Linkstation Pro - Auto Power with Windows 7 x64 not working  (Read 2844 times)

rdennert

• Calf

Do anyone have a tip for me?

I am running a Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-XHL - 1 TB since almost 6 months in the auto power mode.

With the operating systems XP and Vista x64 (with MS Firewall) the NASNavigator enables always the access to the Linkstation.

Now I am trying to get Windows 7 (x64) established on one of my systems, but if all other computers are off the Linkstation switches off and I can not activate it by the NASNavigator from the Windows 7 system.

The firmware on the Linksstation was until yesterday 1.20 , now 1.26 and it  makes no difference for the effect.

On the Windows 7 system the NASNavigator ist 2.22.

Activated or deactivated Firewall (MS internal) does not make any difference. The other security products which are installed - AVG Free virus protection and Search&Destroy - are installed as well on the XP and Vista systems.

Any suggestions how to fix?

rdennert

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro - Auto Power with Windows 7 x64 not working
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »

Yesterday I found on the international Buffalo site a newer NAS Navigator - 2.24.

With this NAS Navigator version the linkstation is activated in auto power mode.

?

mroemmelt

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro - Auto Power with Windows 7 x64 not working
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:52:37 AM »

Running two Linkstation Pro Duo (1TB and 2TB) I had with Win 7 x64 the same problem (with Vista it works).

OK, an update to 2.24 fixed the problem of auto power on, BUT both shut down after a while (about 10 mins) - also while I'm copying files from the NAS! :smileysad:

Any hints?