Author Topic: Please Read if you using Windows 7!  (Read 6915 times)

JoshC

• Big Bull
Please Read if you using Windows 7!
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:44:14 AM »
As of right now we do not support any version of Windows 7.  Please do not post threads in reguards to any kind of issue you are having right now.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Please Read if you using Windows 7!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
This is correct, you can't even call Microsoft for support on this yet.  Funny enough people think we should support it even though the creators don't.
Message Edited by Kameran on 08-26-2009 03:50 PM

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »

As Win7 is being shipped to OEMs for their next PC builds, Buffalotech USA support will now (Sept 15, 09) support Win7 questions. This doesn't mean that Buffalotech products purchased w/o Win7 support listed on the product box, are fully supported by the firmware and hardware.

Most of the products are already compatible with Win7.

Support Manager 

Buffalo Technology USA

Message Edited by Memoryman on 09-15-2009 01:27 PM

copprtop99

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »

I bought an HDS-PH320U2-US  less than 9 months ago. My XP computer's motherboard died and my next machine had Vista-64 on it. The HD did not work and I had to buy a laptop that had Win 7 32 bit on it. The HD doesn't work with that either. When are you guys going to bring this firmware/software up to current specs. As a CA tax preparer I am required by law to keep all files on an encrypted drive and I can't even retrieve the ones from last season. Is this just a brick now? When will we all see the Win 7 support?

cessna1466u

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »

Seeing any usable support would be nice. Most of the replies you get here are that you should upgrde your firmware. Or call to get an RMA.

jasonshuck

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »

I just purchased a MiniStation Metro. I was told by the salesperson that it was compatible with Windows 7 despite it not being displayed on the box. After reading this, I am a little skeptical. I am about to upgrade my system to 7. Can anyone confirm if my new hard drive will still work?

Kameran

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:34:40 AM »

If you have 64bit os then you will need to setup the device on a 32bit os first  then you can use it on your 64bit machine if you want to put a password on it.

cessna1466u

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

I have a 64bit Windows 7 Laptop and keep getting this error when transfering large files either from the laptop to my Linkstation Live and from the usb drive attached to the LS Live to the LS live? Here is the error:

:Error

:Disk is unusable

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Content-Transfer-Encodeing: 7bit

DISK Error Notification

HDD error occurred

Disk(s) the error occurred

:UnknownDisk()

This drive is faulty.

[LinkStationInformation]

LinkStationName

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Besides the W7 64-bit, have you tried any 32-bit windows to see if same error occurs?

Which verison of the W7 64-bit are you using? Ultimate, Enterprise.. 

cessna1466u

• Tatanka
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:35 PM »

I am using Ultimate but I don's see what the operating system would have to do with the NAS. This happens when the NAS is refreshing the media for the media server also. Which happens even when my computer is not turned on. I am just getting very frustrated and worried about my information. I have it backed up but what happens if because of the Linkstation both items go.

rmatheson

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »

Just a suggestion, you could load VMWare which will let you create a virtual dual boot system and have multiple Operating Systems. When you need to use your Buffalo HD you open the virtual drive with XP which runs the HD and access the data.

Robert