Author Topic: Cannot Access Shares on Linkstation Pro anymore...  (Read 3215 times)

Jamaro85

• Calf
Cannot Access Shares on Linkstation Pro anymore...
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »

Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell Vostro 3500 (using Windows 7), and I have a Buffalo LinkStation Pro.  My LinkStation Pro works with several other laptops and desktops on my network.  I installed the Navigator Software to configure my new laptop with the LinkStation Pro, and initially everything went fine.  My laptop recognized the LinkStation Pro and was able to access all files and shares.

Two reboots later the laptop can no longer access files or shares.  Clicking the drive mapping shortcut no longer works.  My laptop will still detect the LinkStation Pro but can no longer access shares.  I deleted the mapping of the LinkStation shares to my laptop, and tried to remap to no avail.  I even uninstalled the Navigator Software and reinstalled to try to begin the whole process anew.  It discovers the LinkStation, then two screens later it says it is unable to complete installation; I am guessing this is because it is still unable to access shares.

I have no idea what to do and can't find anybody else with the same problem.  Any help is appreciated!

P.S.  I am trying this via wireless and an ethernet connection.

Dell Vostro 3500

LinkStation Pro

FirmWare Version 1.10

DW1520 Wireless-N Half-Mini Card (Wireless)

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Ethernet)

Actiontec MI424-WR Rev.D (Router)

Jamaro85

• Calf
Re: Cannot Access Shares on Linkstation Pro anymore...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »

Well, I found my solution.  When I tried to map the shares folder as a drive on my laptop I was attempting it from the Navigator software.

I simply located the LinkStation Pro on my network, browsed it, saw the shares folder, and mapped it that way.  Case closed!