Author Topic: LinkStation HS only admin share  (Read 4647 times)

jochen

• Calf
LinkStation HS only admin share
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »

Hi,

Since yesterday I cannot access my LinkStation HS-D400GL. If I browse via smb (I'm a linux user), then I only see the ADMIN$ folder, which I cannot access.

FTP doesn't work either, but web-access to the admin module does work, their I can see that the disk is 100% full.

Is there a way to get access to my files? And create some diskspace? Does anyone know the reason for the blocked access, I think it is related to the full disk?

Kind regards,

Jochen

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation HS only admin share
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:06 PM »

It could be due to the disk space being full.  Do you have a windows environment you can use the NAS in for trouble shooting?

jochen

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »

I have a Windows environment available, but I cannot connect to the NAS either. Is can the NASNavigator but that only shows the status of the nas.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:36:15 AM »

Try to get to the shares via the run box.  Open your run box and type in \\ipaddressofyournas.  If that doesnt work then flash the most recent firmware from our download page.

jochen

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »

New problem with flashing the the firmware: "Disk free space is too small to execute firmware update'.

Is there an other way to connect to the device and delete some files? Telnet? The admin$ share?

jochen

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »

Found the solution myself.

I added a new Shared Folder via the web configuration and by doing so the Samba service restored the other shares also.