Author Topic: Linkstation crash after firmware update failure  (Read 7606 times)

vinlien

• Calf
Linkstation crash after firmware update failure
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »

Hey,

When I was Updating the firmware from to 2.10of my linkstation hs-dhgl, there was a power failure.

Now I cannot reach my linkstation an the error light keeps flashing. (including Beep).

The Updater software can't see the linkstation anymore?

How can I gat it to work again?

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Linkstation crash after firmware update failure
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
Is the error light flashing constantly or is there a pattern to it? Depending on what this shows the solution can be one of several things.

vinlien

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:37:58 AM »

Tanks for your reply 

After starting the linkstation up,

there is a constant beeb, beeb, beeb, beeb. That can be stoped by push thepower button.

The error light flashes every second for 4 secondens and is 1 second off, this repeats.

The errorlight does the same when the power is off.

vinlien

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »

I managed to start up in EM mode by holding down the reset button during start up. The error light is off.

But now? The LSUpdater does not see the HS-DHGL so I can not start a new firmware updat.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »
Make sure All Your Firewall And Antivirus Software Is Off.  If That Does Not Work Then Try To Direct Connect Your PC To The Unit And Set An Static IP On Your PC To 192.168.11.10, the Buffalo unit will default to 192.168.11.150

vinlien

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:48:26 AM »

After I directly connected the linkstation to my PC, there was connection but the error stayed. Somewhere in this forum I found a item to change the Boot-file. Afther that I could renew the firmware to version 2.1. Now the Linkstation works fine again. The only thing is that the linkstation does not reconise the folders anymore, so I had to format the disk and copy al data again (100GB). Tanks for your help.

This is the link to the boot help.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=269&query.id=9397#M269

Message Edited by vinlien on 10-15-2008 04:51 AM

elguerto

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 07:55:58 AM »

Hi,

i'm experiencing a similar problem: tried to update the firmware of my HS-D300GL; but problems occured on my desktop and now, when powering the LS, the DIAG led immediately starts blinking 5 times (indicating firmware problem), repeatedly.

So like this, the device is not "running", so i guess no change of getting connected to it.

I also got it to power on, by pressing the reset button while powering on. Led are blinking indicating it should be in EM mode, however, i've read somewhere that this does not mean it's in EM mode.

Anyway, i am unable to access it via ping of FW updater, changing my ip address to one in the range of 192.168.11.x; cant connect directly however, as i don't have a cross over cable.

So what is now the best/easiest way to reflash my firmware. So be it if i lose the data on the device...

I already read some things about the knoppix bootable cd, but its unclear how to ruhn the fix_ext2_magic-1.1.i386.tgz then as its now on my desktop pc.

Thanks for your input

bosshogg

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:09:37 AM »

A little while since this was posted , and no answer :(

I have exactly the same issue as above.  Anybody get a resolution to this?