Author Topic: TeraStation H1.0TGL/R5 terminally S-L-O-W accessing files and folders!  (Read 3279 times)

Samurai_Suzy

• Calf

I have a 1.0TB TeraStation HD-H1.0TGL/R5 that has become so slow, as to be nearly unusable. Clicking on a folder takes 20-30 seconds to open. My Outlook e-mails take 15-20 seconds to load and close. I keep our Outlook pst files on the TStation. Here are the configs:

1.0TB TeraStation HD-H1.0TGL/R5

Firmware: 2.16

226.1GB Used (33.9%)

RAID 5

All shared folders are mapped using the ip address

Gigabit Network

NTP Server, AppleTalk, FTP Server: all Disabled

Ethernet Frame Size: 4,100 bytes. (Recently changed from 1518 bytes to try and solve slowness. Neither helped)

Workgroup

Shares: 3 (all mapped to ip address)

Print Servers: All disabled.

USB ports: nothing connected

Disk backup: no jobs configured or running

PCast: never used

Mail notification: Enabled, one recipient, works correctly.

Synchronize w/ UPS: Disabled

Disk Sleep: Disabled

Fan Status: Normal (618RPM)

This TStation is a home network NAS accesed by 2 users. The computers accessing the TStation are gigabit wired running Windows XP Pro SP3. The TStation has become increasingly slower and slower in response time accesing files. Any help to solving this problem would be GREATLY  appreciated!

Samurai Suzy

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation H1.0TGL/R5 terminally S-L-O-W accessing files and folders!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:39:00 AM »

Try reinitializing the device through the web interface.  Also are you getting any error/info lights?

Samurai_Suzy

• Calf
Re: TeraStation H1.0TGL/R5 terminally S-L-O-W accessing files and folders!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »

There were no error lights, and no error info. I'd ran thru a check of all the settings with the web interface, and everything came up OK. So I just performed an reinit, and it looks like that may have corrected the problem. It's only been a few minutes, but I've opened and closed a bunch of files, folders, emails, etc. and so far no delays. Hopefully that's corrected the slowness issues. Thanks for the help!

Samurai Suzy