Author Topic: Pray you don't need to RMA  (Read 5630 times)

karcass

• Calf
Pray you don't need to RMA
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »

Buffalo's RMA process has to the slowest I've ever used.

Recieved the RMA on Tuesday, no word by next monday called in and was told they never even processdd it until Friday ( 4days ) so Iasked how long and it looks like the part may not even ship until thursday or Friday so to get a simple RMA through the pipeline is taking about 10 days plus shipping......

Bad service......

looking elsewhere now....

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Pray you don't need to RMA
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:56:46 AM »

Timeline from database:

Customer called for troubleshooting on 2/1 and 2/2, customer said he would try FW flash and would call back if he had other problems.

Customer called to initiate an RMA on 2/3, at 12:38

On 2/5, Friday, at 7:13PM, received proof of purchase and entered it into our database - that's when the requirements to initiate an RMA were fulfilled.

At Fri 7:13PM, shipping is already closed, so the next available shipping day was Monday Feb-8, today.

Today at 11AM, the RMA had a status of being in line to ship from Austin. It may go out today. Customer chose the shipping method.

hazey999

• Calf
Re: ThaPray you don't need to RMA
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »

That's nothing...I've been waiting over a month for a replacement drive. Very little communication, never answer the phone. Worst support I've ever encountered, in 20 years.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »

You initiated the RMA on 1-13. As of 2-3 (when you called again), you hadn't sent in your POP - proof-of-purchase (RMA requirements are on your RMA form)

If you need assistance in getting your POP to the support team, you can send it to me, drmemory@buffalotech.com and I will ensure it is entered today.

You also requested an Advance Replacement - I see no record of CC data to secure the ADV.

All Advance Replacements require CC authorization/not charge to secure outgoing product.

I can have support resend the information to your email address on file if you like.

karcass

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »

Great, if this goes out today that would be great

Thanks

hazey999

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:56:31 AM »

Excuse me, but the email instructions I received from Michael said nothing about a proof of purchase being required, just the date and place purchased, which I provided. After my 1/13 call, support asked for POP, which I immediately faxed in. I have had no reply since. Also, I requested a STANDARD RMA clearly on the paperwork included with the drive. It's not my fault it got tagged Advanced. If I had known that the standard option sucked so bad, I would have chosen advanced. If I had known I could get a response from you as quickly as I have, I would not have wasted my time with dead end phone calls and useless emails. Since you should now have the POP, can I please get my $49 drive replaced?  

ebrown

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »

I had to do an RMA back in October for a Drivestation Quattro that was DOA. It took weeks to get the replacement unit. I couldn't believe it. I actually ended up buying another one when I realized that there was going to be trouble getting a replacement. I had it set up and running for a few days before the RMA shipped. I ended up needing a second Quattro anyway, but it shook my confidence in BT. I had similar trouble several years ago when I bought one of their NAS products.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »

hazey999 - your RMA exposed a glitch in our RMA process and we are writing code to plug that glitch so no other RMAs get caught in the glitch. Your HDD shipped out yesterday using Fedex overnight shipping. I sent an email with all details.

For RMA reference - requirement of POP (proof of purchase - includes date, item, price, and retailer) is required  for all warranty replacement RMAs, It establishes beginning of warranty and shows the product was purchased from an approved Buffalotech reseller.