Author Topic: LinkStation Live 2TB - BitTorrent Download Manager  (Read 4095 times)

strobemonkey

• Calf
LinkStation Live 2TB - BitTorrent Download Manager
« on: January 22, 2010, 07:29:28 AM »

Hello all,

I've recently purchased my Linkstation Live to use for synchronisation of data from all of my home computers, as well as use as a media server for my WD TV Live.  The build in BitTorrent functionality wasn't the reason I purchased the device however now that I have it I'd like to use it in the best way possible.  I've done some tests and I've found it to work well whilst being fairly quick.

My previous downloading experience has been using Azureus (now called Vuze).  I chose this software due to the Safepeer plug in which does IP filtering and is supposed to stop you being easily monitored.  Other similair products would be things like Peer Block or Peer Guardian. 

Now is there any way to achieve a similair level of functionality with the LinkStation?, or alternatively even at router level?

Thanks in advance.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation Live 2TB - Safe use of BitTorrent Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:36:41 AM »

If you are not downloading anything illegal then what are you worried about? I doubt buffalo will be able help you with your issue.

Anyways if you do want to download such files and you want anonimity  then dont use torrents >period<

There are alot safer ways to do this. Not a hope in hell would you get me using a torrent, be it a private trackers or otherwise!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

strobemonkey

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Live 2TB - Safe use of BitTorrent Download Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »

To put it in context...  I don't do anything illegal when I'm in the shower, but I still close the bathroom door.