Author Topic: Can't write to shares with access restrictions  (Read 3982 times)

pabt

• Calf
Can't write to shares with access restrictions
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »

I configured several shares (Windows, FTP and WebAccess enable)  in my new LS-XH1.5TL and I am having the following problems:

- After setting up access restrictions, with read & write attribute, I cannot write to shared folder either by using windows explorer or an FTP client (using FileZilla). If access restriction is not used I have no problem writing to a shared folder;

- Using WebAccess, either with or without access restrictions, I do not get an upload link;

- In administration web interface I can create users and groups, but cannot choose disk quotas for each user because such an option is not available (however it shows up in the manual as a possible option)  

The NAS came with firmware 1.10 and I already made an upgrade to 1.20. The NAS was manufactured in October 2009 and has serial number 15847291001482. I am using Windows 7 (tried different computers with 32 and 64 bit versions of the OS) or Windows XP (32 bit). Behavior is the same, independently of the OS tried.

Thanks in advance for all help given.

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Can't write to shares with access restrictions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »

Reset the device to defaults (System->Restore/Format, Restore Linkstation) and try setting up the access restrictions again. Sometimes the configuration gets a little screwed up after updating the firmware, the reset should take care of this.

If that doesn't help, I'm not sure what to tell you. It works fine on our devices... there might be something different about the EU firmware versions. I recommend contacting EU support for help with that.

pabt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »

Ok. Thanks. It is a shame that no forums are available in EU site.

pabt

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:08:32 PM »

My strange problem is solved.

I usually use either google chrome (3.0.195.38) or firefox (3.5.7) and, as it seems, that was the problem. By chance I used IE (8.0.7600.16385) and I was able to see the permissions dropdown box. I then set the permissions to read/write (by default they are set as read only) and all became normal.

I am happy, but cannot understand how only the permissions dropdown box was absent!